Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dinomite Research!

Hey friends! I hope ya'll are having a super weekend. I have a big smile today! :) I'd just like to say that God is so faithful. He showers down peace and happiness so unexpectedly sometimes.  And boy have I been needing some peace and happiness. He is awesome like that, and it makes me love him all the more.

Now on to school stuff! Our reading story this past week was "Dinosaurs Travel," so I thought this would be a good time to review some of our research standards before the test in May. We carted down a whole load of Encyclopedias, dinosaur books, and videos from the media center, and we had a Dino - mite week (sorry I couldn't resist).  The kiddos picked out a dinosaur that they were interested in, and then they researched like crazy. They were amazed that I grew up in a time where people actually depended on Encyclopedias for information, because the internet was not around. They pretended I was totally lame, for about five minutes, until they remembered that I am the most awesome teacher they've ever had. :) It was a fun week!

Although the week was filled with lots of new information on dinosuars, one of the most  surprising things I learned was that my own personal child does not believe in dinosuars?? What? How did I not know that? And ya'll he was being serious. He announced to the kids in class that he did not believe in them, that God never said he made dinosaurs in the Bible, and that we could not force him to believe. He argued so passionately, and was laughed at, and almost cried. You will be glad to know that he woke up early one morning and watched a totally inappropriate show about paranormal animals, and now he DOES believe in paranormal cats. He is sure we have cat ghosts living upstairs now. The minds of 8 year olds. You have to love it. I put a dinosaur research page in my tpt store for free. Mostly, because I still do not know how to load it on here. Hope you can use it!

2 comments:

  1. Your son is precious! Love that he is defending the Bible at such a young age!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for a One Lovely Blog. Feel free to visit my site to claim it! Hope you are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete